Friday, December 05, 2003

Are you Spammed

Have you ever felt the agony of being spammed. There seems to be no way out. A lot of reserch went as to how to stop this spam problem which threathning to extinct email itself.

Recently many have come up with the Idea of charging the Spammers to stop these kindda of unsolicited and useless mails.

I dunno what these spammers gain by sending these delete all stuffs.

Taking Charge

  1. I have switched on my Spam filter at orsenthil [at] rediffmail [dot] com - enabling it to accept only from my address book contacts. One disadvantage is someone mailing me fresh will usually be considered as a spammer ( too sorry) by my Mail box.
  2. I have got another Mail ID,from Novell providing some innovative services. Novell is getting interesting ya! . At myrealbox.com I signed their License agreement that if I use my ID for spamming then I would end up paying $10 for each spam mail sent out.Agreed!
    The best thing of Novell Mail Service is It is Ad-Free and POP3,SMTP are available for Free!!!
  3. So my new Mail ID is ors [at] myrealbox [dot] com



Here is another way Feel free to use this if you want. ( I used from someone else)


Unsolicited Bulk Email Senders, Please Note My "usernamel [at] domainname [dot] {com |org} " Terms of Service (ToS):


I am now so overwhelmed by the number of people who want me to look at their bulk email offerings that I am forced to charge Rs50 for each unsolicited bulk email I receive, plus an additional Rs 50 fee per email for HTML or attachments, charged on your behalf to your ISP if you do not pay within 30 days or, in the case of US companies or individuals, to US embassy in India. I also charge Rs50 for testing your "unsubscribe" utility, which is a great bargain since so few of them work, and I know you want yours to operate properly.


Please don't claim I "opted in" or "subscribed" to your bulk email. I didn't, and don't try to claim I did, because we both know you're lying. If you bought an "opt in" list with my email address on it, you got cheated. No one has permission to sell my personal information. Indeed, if you sell/sold any of my personal information, including my email address, as part of a contact database without my written permission, you must pay me a Rs5 royalty per copy sold, minimum Rs500, and you should inform any email list vendor who sold you my contact information that they owe me money, too.

If you cannot abide by these Terms of Service, or you feel my fees are unfair, do not send me unsolicited bulk email or sell my personal information. That's simple enough, isn't it?


No comments: