Thursday, December 11, 2003

Occational misdeeds by Google

I am great fan of Google. I have always liked,appreciated and enjoyed the kind of Intelligence these Developers have put to this tool.

But once, I had a chance of catching the news alert tool wrong red-handed.

Below are few of the excerpts...



From: Senthil_OR
Sent: 21 November 2003 14:10
To: mike.magee[at]theinquirer.net
Subject: http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=727


http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=727

Why is this article on Friday November 21, 2003?

Can I know the reasons?


Google picked up this story - it's a glitch on their part I
think... it's
not resurrected on our pages...

Mike


Thank you Mike for your reply.
I checked with the home page of theinquirer and made a search at page 2 of
the inquirer and could not find this one.

I have sent a feedback to google news alert team.

Senthil


Yeah - don't know what the problem is... the news alerts are useful but
oddly I don't have Dell in my news alert system so didn't notice it. Another
reader did though - sent me a screen shot.

It's not there, and hasn't been there since 12799-727 stories ago...

Mike





Hi Senthil,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Google News is highly
unusual in that it provides a news service compiled solely by computer
algorithms without any intervention from human editors. Occasionally, this
leads to an outdated article appearing in Google News and Google News
Alerts. We are working to improve this, and the information you have
provided will help us do so.

We appreciate your taking the time to provide feedback on Google News and
hope you will contact us in the future with additional observations and
suggestions.

Regards,
The Google Team

Original Message Follows:
------------------------
From: Senthil_OR
Subject: FW: http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=727
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2003 10:15:12 -0600

Google News Alert Team,
I got this link ( http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=727 ) for my Google
news alert subscription of "Dell" on Nov-21-2003.
It is a very old news and it was not featured in Friday November 21, 2003
edition of www.theinquirer.net as per the author.

Kindly check this issue.

-Senthil

No comments: