- "The primary purpose of the DATA statement is to give names to constants; instead of
referring to pi as 3.141592653589793 at every appearance, the variable PI can be given
that value with a DATA statement and used instead of the longer form of the constant.
This also simplifies modifying the program, should the value of pi change."
- FORTRAN manual for Xerox computers
- "Programming graphics in X is like finding sqrt(pi) using Roman numerals."
- Henry Spencer
- Real programmers are surprised when the odometers in their cars don't turn from 99,999 to A0000.
- Any sufficiently advanced bug is indistinguishable from a feature.
- COBOL programmers understand why women hate periods.
- Computer interfaces and user interfaces are as different as night and 1.
- If God had intended humans to program, we would be born with serial I/O ports.
- There are two ways to write error-free programs; only the third one works.