Thursday, December 16, 2004

Software Rants!

I had planned for a Quiz at office and for the final round, I planned like presentation kind of. Tried with OpenOffice Impress to do the presentation.
I had a very hard time with it. Microsoft PowerPoint seemed to me:
  • Easier
  • Faster
  • Providing more options.
  • Suitable for creating more impressive presentations.
  • Improve my productivity.
  • Intelligent Software!!

    OpenOffice is Free Software.Agreed. Software Freedom,Agreed!. But at 1:00 AM I am working to prepare a 60 deck presentation and should I think of all these or should I think of going for the better software which will get my main job of conducting the quiz tommorow possible.

    Had in my mind that should come back to OOo and give it a try, but no, I could not. I felt that it was slow as well.
    I am bit disappointed with OO.org now.
    One lessson would be,try to explore all the software to decide which is good.


    Similarly,there is no command line execution in Windows! The one small one you get by typing start-> run -> cmd. Dont call that the command line.
    On the other hand, there is a wonderful and a highly powerful thing called Shell (Bash) in Linux.

    I guess these are like Horses for Courses.

    Trying hard with Gimp. I dont know when I will be learning it.
  • No comments: