Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Flash Player Installation for FireFox on Linux

Automatic Installation of Flash Plugin Failed.
After checking that Macromedia Flash was missing, giving the option to install,License Agreement etc.when proceeded to install. It failed and informed me to do a manual install.
- Flash Plugin can be downloaded here.
- extract and run the flashplayer-installer.
- it will ask:

Please enter the installation path of the Mozilla, Netscape,
or Opera browser (i.e., /usr/lib/mozilla):

Giving anything other than your Installed Browser's lib directory will fail.
Here,after googling and checking few forums, I did locate firefox | grep lib and got the answer as /usr/lib/firefox-1.0.4/. Yeah, Firefox
lib directory is at /usr/lib/firefox-X.X.X where X.X.X is the version number and plugin directory is present inside this.
-Verify your flash-plugin installation by checking this.
Note: I did not have to close my firefox browser when I installed the plugin.

No comments: